Muez-Hest provides Short Path Distillation to thermal separation which operate at a process pressures in the range of 1 to 0,001 mbar. It lowers the boiling temperature and is an excellent method for gentle thermal treatment of heat sensitive, high boiling products. The vapor generated on the heated surface travels a very short distance to reach the condenser surface, thus eliminating pressure drop. The condensed distillate and concentrate are collected separately in the bottom section before they are taken out.
- Enhanced vacuum can lower boiling point by 100 to 150°C, as compared to ATFE
- Excellent for gently processing heat sensitive, high boiling products
- Residence time of a few seconds
- Required distillation achieved in a single pass
- Low product holdup
- Excellent turndown capability
- Operating temperatures up to 400°C
- High vacuum distillation of
- Pharmaceuticals, bulk drugs, natural or synthetic vitamins, esters.
- Epoxy resins, plasticizers, and stabilizers
- Fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, fatty acid derivatives, glycerides, tocopherol and Tocotrienols
- Fine Chemicals, silicone oils, and higher alcohols
- Re-refining of spent lube oil
- Purification of natural and synthetic waxes
- Product recovery from distillation column residues